The pleasure of ice-cold baths, serenity of sandy beaches and picturesque views of shimmering high-rise buildings – these are the things that truly define summers in Abu Dhabi. Although known for exceedingly intolerable temperatures and its inadequacy to support healthy human life in the summer season, Abu Dhabi counters the common beliefs and offers some of the best opportunities to the residents and tourists, making their summer vacations archly exciting and memorable.
Organizations, amusement parks and hotels all come and join their ‘heads’ together to deliver incredible offers for Abu Dhabi lovers, every summer. If you’re a tourist and looking for some amazing places to visit in Abu Dhabi, look no further and continue to read this post and we bet you won’t be disappointed; or if you have your little ones asking you to take them places with you, you’re just on the right side of the page because we will be listing down some exhilarating kids’ fun spots to pay a visit to.
Let’s get started…
Abu Dhabi: Attractions and fun places to visit this summer
Though there are myriad places to name when it comes to enjoyment and living life in Abu Dhabi but the following ones can’t certainly be missed. Be sure to check out these amazing places this Summer; you won’t rue it, we guarantee!
- Saadiyat Island: A cosmopolitan project for nature located 500 meters off the coast of Abu Dhabi, UAE is a spot you can’t afford to miss. The project doesn’t only offer quaint sceneries to look at but is also the best place for history expeditions, having a total of 8 museums designed by famous architects from all over the world, on site.
- Dalma Mall: Kill the heat by reviving your vigor and paying Dalma Mall a well-deserved visit. Situated on the Abu Dhabi – Tarif – Al Ain Highway (the heart of Abu Dhabi’s growth corridor), the mall has a terrific food court and a cinema. On an average nobody leaves the Dalma Mall without sparing at least 3 quarters of an hour and this perfectly goes in line with what is offered inside. The mall has several outlets and shops offering a variety of all sorts to choose from.
- Yas Waterworld: You must be a tourist if you don’t know about this wonderful place in Abu Dhabi. The waterpark is one of the best places to visit and spend time in, during your stay in the city. It brings forth outlandish dining options, shopping locations and ‘adrenaline-fueled’ water slides. So while you are here in Abu Dhabi, don’t forget to drop in in this waterpark.
- Emirates Park Zoo: A zoo with touching and feeding sessions – sounds interesting. Doesn’t it? Is there anything that you won’t find in Abu Dhabi? We guess not! The wildlife park is a popular attraction where several animal shows and entertainment activities are carried on daily basis. As they claim, the zoo is an adventurous place for the young and for the young at heart, and has everything needed to make one’s time and visit memorable.
- Qasr Al-Hosn: Who wouldn’t want to come to Abu Dhabi and miss out on a visit to the oldest stone palace? Qasr Al Hosn is located along the First Street and houses the Cultural Foundation within its grounds. If you want to learn more about the archaeology of UAE and are working on your ‘big’ architectural project, you will find this place as a living marvel to start your study from.
You’ve got Kids? We’ve got fun places and activities for them! Let’s make a deal.
- Ferrari World: Have you ever been to a Ferrari themed park? Well, Ferrari World is a dream come true for kids and grown-ups who have a passion for sports cars. The park is located at Yas Island in Abu Dhabi and is the biggest structure ever built. Luckily if you’re planning to take your kids to a fun place that won’t attack your wallet, you’re all set for Ferrari World. Until the first day of Eid, Ferrari World is offering visitors to take a tour and pay as they stroll around. Tickets to several exciting activities are also available at fairly low prices. So wait no more and gear your family up for a fun-filled experience to Ferrari World.
- Arabian Wildlife Park: What can be better than taking your children on a trip that is both delightful and erudite? Spread over an extensively vast region on Sir Bani Yas Island, the park has more than 10,000 free roaming animals. Visitors can now get up close and personal, at eye-level, with the island’s giraffes from a purpose-built viewing platform made completely from recycled materials. An amazing location like this one can’t surely be missed!
- BOUNCE Abu Dhabi: Who on the face of this Earth doesn’t want to fly? Almost all of us at some point wish we could defy the laws of nature and untether ourselves from the gravitational pull that keeps us at ground. BOUNCE is giving your young ones a chance to jump really high to see what’s up there above the skies! And it’s not just trampolines, BOUNCE Abu Dhabi features an enormous 40-metre slide and 2 brand new slacklines. In true BOUNCE style, a zip line runs across the venue with a dorsal harness so you can go head-first Superman style! THE BOUNCE team have also created the ultimate adrenaline rush with the Quick Drop – a freefall experience only for the brave!The BOUNCE team is making sure that every kids gets his due share and is offering entry passes at an incredibly reasonable rate of AED 70 only. What are you waiting for? Just give this place a try and we assure that you won’t be disappointed.
- Murjan Splash Park: Tired of paying hefty bills for passes and tickets? Well, your quest for an exciting fun-filled place that is also affordable and bustling, is now over. The Murjan Splash Park in Khalifa Park is the best place to take your kids to. The park is free for children under 1.1 meters in height and charges only AED 45 for kids higher than the stipulated figure. Murjan also features a 257 metre long, 0.6 metre deep ‘lazy river’, ready for kids to float on. The more daring ones can try their hand at the ‘Water Balloon Wars’. The Lili Pad Hop features four trampolines with harnesses where children can hop and flip on, till their heart’s content. For children off 11 years and under, the park offers the ‘Surf Wrangler’- an attraction inviting kids to try their balancing skills by riding a mechanical surfboard and the ‘Bumper Boat Lagoon’ – small steerable, battery-operated boats for kids to drive around and lightly bump into each other.
- Hilli Fun City: As the very name implies, the Hilli Fun City is very much like an entire city designed solely for fun and sport activities for folks of all ages. The flagship family entertainment destination in Al Ain has been a firm favorite since opening in 1985 when it became the Gulf’s first theme park. The park has around 28 attractions to access and is one of the strongly recommended places to visit this Summer.
Now that you know well where to spend your summer vacations at while staying in Abu Dhabi, let’s give a look to some really attractive discount offers that you can make healthy use of.